Sunday, March 10, 2013

Finished: Another UFO


I've been trying to spend one day per week completing UFO's (unfinished quilt objects).  This is the latest one to be completed.  A chevron quilt started several months ago for my grandson.  I found the idea/instructions on the http://youhadmeatbonjourblog.blogspot.fr/2012/03/tutorial-modern-chevron-baby-quilt-crib.html.

I had shown some work in progress pictures previously in this blog post.  Thankfully it is now done and in the little hands of the recipient.

Here is my attempt to create the chevron quilt for my grandson, Colin:



 
 
Colin has had severe eczema since birth and does best with soft items.  Instead of doing traditional quilting on his quilt, I backed it with a cream colored soft Minkee fabric.  It was top stitched with a wavy decorative stitch.  He has rubbed his face all over the quilt and seems to like it.
 
Thank you Kirsty for a great pattern.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Merry, it looks wonderful! (Although I am a little biased :) I love the minky backing, it must be so super soft and snuggly. I wish Colin many long blissful hours of cuddling the quilt his Ama made with love x x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they are greatly appreciated.