Sunday, December 30, 2012


I've always felt that the week between Christmas and New Years was a good time to finish old projects and to think of new ideas that could be started.  This week I got a couple UFO's (unfinished objects) completed.

First I finished a tree skirt for my youngest daughter that had the top pieced back in July, but needed batting, backing, a label and decorative thread to finish it.  Since she has small children I used child prints and Joy by Kate Spain.

Next I completed a new quilt for my granddaughter, Cara.  Here's a little picture of my sweet Cara and her new quilt.  We laughingly call it the Pink, Pink you Stink quilt.  It's a basic brick pattern with a pink floral border and backing.  I made this quilt (except backing) 100% out of my stash.  There are Batiks, Asians, stripes, polka dots, cats and flowers galore.

Cara, age 3, with new quilt
 
Love the dilly daffy print.


The polka dot print inner border matches the curtains in her bedroom and makes it a little more cohesive.



 The bottom picture shows binding applied on the back and then pulled to the front and sewn with a decorative stitch.  I saw this on Amy Gibson's blog  Stitchery Dickory Dock and the tutorial is here:  http://www.stitcherydickorydock.com/invisible-machine-sewn-binding-experiments/.    I need a little more practice, but this saved me HUGE hours of time doing it this way.

Since we have birthday's galore in the next couple days, I might get one more UFO finished.  Wish me luck and may everything you wish for in 2013 come true for you.

Merry

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, they are greatly appreciated.